The next city council meeting is Monday, May 4th, 2020. Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, any interested person may attend the meeting at this physical location, however, seating is limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis. Due to public health concerns, individuals wishing to attend or participate in the meetings are advised to have an alternate means of watching or participating in the public meeting, such as a laptop, cellular phone, or other device. For those who physically attend please consider the following:
- Allow space for individuals directly involved with city business.
- Be a good neighbor by allowing other individuals who may be social distancing in the lobby to address council after you speak by exiting the chamber room.
- Virtual participation is strongly encouraged due to limited seating and to maintain CDC social distancing guidelines at all times.
City of Destin Council Approves Resolution 20-08 - Providing for Uniform Rules When Using Communications Media Technology
Destin, FL. – On Monday, April 20th, 2020, the Destin City Council unanimously approved Resolution 20-08 – which provides for Uniform Rules When Using Communications Media Technology. The next regular city council meeting will take place on Monday, May 4, 2020, at the Destin City Hall Annex, located at 4100 Indian Bayou Trail. The meeting may be conducted utilizing communications media technology (“CMT”) in accordance with Governor DeSantis’s Executive Order 20-69, City of Destin Resolutions 2020-05 and 2020-08. The CMT that may be utilized is GoToWebinar. One or more City Councilmember, the Mayor, members of City staff, City contractors, and members of the public that wish to provide public input may appear virtually through GoToWebinar and a physical quorum of the City Council may not be present at the meeting location. General subject matter to be discussed includes all business as indicated on the agenda published on the City of Destin’s website at www.cityofdestin.com/agendas and any other business that may come before the Council.
Due to COVID-19 social distancing requirements, any interested person may attend the meeting at this physical location, however, seating may be limited and is available on a first come, first serve basis. This location is commonly referred to as the City Hall Annex and the board room is normally open to the public during City Council meetings. In order to protect the public health, safety, and welfare and for compliance with federal and state social distancing guidelines seating will be limited to 10 chairs. Due to public health concerns, and because space may be limited inside the City Council chamber room, individuals wishing to attend or participate in the meetings are advised to have an alternate means of watching or participating in the public meeting, such as a laptop, cellular phone, or other device. The City is providing uniform means of remote participation as detailed below.
The public may use GoToWebinar to virtually attend the meeting. You may register for GoToWebinar to receive a link to join online by using the following link: https://www.cityofdestin.com/GoToWebinar. To listen via phone the public may dial 1 (415) 655-0052 and Phone ID is: 702-413-716. The public will be asked during the public comment sections of the agenda and during each public hearing whether any individual wishes to make a public comment. To indicate you wish to make a public comment, you must click the hand icon located in the top right corner of the screen. You will then be put in a queue and allowed to make public comment for three minutes. You must clearly state your name and address at the beginning of your public comment.
The public may submit written public comments/sworn statements and documentary evidence in the following manners:
- Written comments, sworn statements, and documentary evidence must be submitted at least 36 hours before the scheduled meeting. These written comments, sworn statements, and documentary evidence shall be submitted by email at email@example.com or delivered to City Hall, 4200 Indian Bayou Trail, Destin, Florida 32541. If the written comment, sworn statement, or documentary evidence is related to a public hearing, then it must clearly state so. If possible, the City Clerk will republish the agenda the day of the meeting to include the written comments, sworn statements, and documentary evidence. Only written comments, sworn statements, and documentary evidence conforming to general rules of decorum and containing the name and address of the submitter will be accepted and republished.
- During the meeting, the public shall be permitted to submit written comments. The written comments shall be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the comment is related to a public hearing, then the comment must clearly state so. If feasible, prior to any vote on any public hearing, a comment relating to a public hearing will be read into the record by a member of City staff. Prior to the adjournment of the meeting, the comments unrelated to any public hearing may be read into the record by a member of City staff. Any comment not read into the record by a member of City staff will be distributed to the City Council by email and published on the next City Council meeting agenda. Only written comments conforming to the general rules of decorum and containing the name and address of the submitter will be accepted and read or published.
In lieu of attending physically or virtually, the public may view the meeting at the following link: www.youtube.com/CityofDestin.
Any person may seek additional information or assistance regarding this meeting, including any person seeking any accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act may contact the City Clerk, 4200 Indian Bayou Trail, Destin, Florida 32541, (850) 837-4242, email@example.com.