FROM WASTE MANAGEMENT: NO IMPACT TO SCHEDULED RESIDENTIAL COLLECTION SERVICE. DESTIN RESIDENTS CAN CALL THE WASTE MANAGEMENT OFFICE IN FT. WALTON BEACH OFFICE AT 850.301.2822
At Waste Management, we are committed to putting people first. The health and safety of our employees, customers and communities is our highest priority.
• Based on the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), and federal, state and local agencies, Waste Management is taking necessary steps in response to social distancing recommendations, potential mitigation activity, and declared local states of emergency.
• Effective March 18, 2020, we are temporarily closing residential call centers to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). This closure will not impact the residents of Destin as they can call the Ft. Walton Beach office at 850-301-2822. All Commercial establishments will continue to call our Call Center number for service-related issues. We expect the residential call center to be back in operation soon and will notify you when they are up and running.
• We are actively coordinating remote operations to serve our customers during this situation with the goal of resuming residential call handing as soon as possible.
• Currently, there is no impact to your scheduled residential collection service.
• For the most up-to-date service information, please encourage residents to visit wm.com/alerts.
• The COVID-19 situation is evolving daily. As circumstances change that may impact our ability to provide services as scheduled, we will provide updates to our customers and communities.
We appreciate your partnership and patience as we navigate this fluid situation together. If you have any questions or if any residents have issues, please refer them to 850-301-2822.