Destin, FL. – The City of Destin values the health and safety of our employees as well as our entire community. We are in constant communication with federal, state and county organizations and are regularly receiving updates on COVID-19. The City is adding preventive measures to our business activities as outlined by credible organizations and we are advising our citizens, customers and employees to take the following workplace measures in City facilities:
- The City encourages our residents and customers to contact City departments via phone, city e-mail or through online submissions. These efforts will minimize face-to-face interaction during the COVID-19 situation. However, City Hall and the City Hall Annex remains open to our public.
- The City encourages our residents and customers to provide digital submission of applications and other documents to City departments.
- We encourage all to maintain a high degree of personal hygiene such as washing hands regularly.
- Employees and visitors in City facilities are encouraged to practice social distancing by maintaining 6 ft distance from others.
- City employees are limiting meetings to 10 persons or less following national guidelines.
- Staff is regularly cleaning and wiping down facilities with approved cleaning and disinfectant products.
As information evolves regarding COVID-19, City officials will provide updates across all City social media platforms and website. We encourage everyone to monitor credible sources and information can be found at www.healthyokaloosa.com. For health-related questions the public should call DOH – Okaloosa at 850-344-0566 Monday - Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. The state’s call center is 1-866-779-6121 and is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week or email COVIDemail@example.com.