The City of Destin recently awarded Nick Coleman, recreation supervisor, the 2015 Employee of the Year Award, the city’s top staff honor. Coleman was presented the award at the city’s annual Christmas Party and will receive recognition for his accomplishment from the city council at the Jan. 4 council meeting.
Coleman began working for the city in the Parks & Recreation Department in May 2003 as a recreation assistant intern and has worked his way through the ranks over the past 12 years to be the recreation supervisor.
“I am honored to be recognized by my coworkers,” said Coleman. “I work with a lot of great people and really enjoy providing first-class programs and events for our residents and visitors.”
Below are some staff comments about Coleman:
• He goes above and beyond for the city and its citizens.
• He makes adjustments on the fly to make activities successful.
• He is someone to rely on; a role model.
• He has worked hard to manage expenses, provide safe programs, and form a cohesive unit among his staff.
• He maintains a high level of customer service even with his added responsibilities.
• He puts in above and beyond his share of time, effort and energy into everything he does.
“It has been particularly rewarding for me to watch Nick grow as an employee over the years,” said Parks & Recreation Director Lance Johnson, Coleman’s supervisor. “He has taken on so many responsibilities and he is successful in everything he does for us. I am extremely happy for him.”
In addition to his recognition at the Jan. 4 council meeting, Coleman has received a certificate of recognition from Congressman Jeff Miller, his name etched on a plaque and a reserved parking place at city hall for 2016.
The Employee of the Year is selected by a committee from nominations made by coworkers. The award is given to the individual who best exemplifies the city’s staff mission to provide quality service to the community through professionalism, communication and teamwork.
Photo courtesy of The Destin Log.