Based on the forecast, the city will implement cold weather protocols on Tuesday, Jan. 6. This will impact facilities that are not heated to prevent damage to water lines. The following facilities will be temporarily closed until the air temperature is sustained above freezing.
• June White Decker Park restrooms/showers
• Shores at Crystal Beach Park restrooms/showers
• Clement Taylor Park restrooms/showers
• Joe’s Bayou Boat Launch restrooms
• Sports field restrooms at Destin Elementary School
• Flounder/Grouper fields restrooms at Morgan Sports Center
• All beach access showers