The City of Destin’s Holiday Committee will be forming soon to survey and select the best outdoor Christmas decorations for 2014. The categories and rules follow:
• Best Decorated Home: includes single homes, duplexes (best side), mobile homes, etc.
• Best Decorated Business: includes restaurants, shops, department stores, schools, professional offices, etc.
• Best Decorated Organization: includes entrances to homeowner associations, golf courses, etc.
• Best Overall Holiday: includes all homes, business and organizations throughout the city limits that go above and beyond.
• Best on the Harbor: includes homes on the harbor.
• Best Decorated Condominiums: includes entrances to condominiums and the property as a whole.
Judging will take place December 1-15, only within the city limits of Destin. All decorations must remain up from December 1-31. Winners will be announced December 20, 2014, in the Destin Log and will be recognized by the mayor and city council at the January 5, 2015, city council meeting. To suggest areas for the committee to view, call 650-1241 or email email@example.com.