UPDATE: Kelly Street is closed between Benning Dr. and Snapper Dr. so that water can be pumped out of flooded areas. It will reopen later this evening.
Some areas of Destin remain flooded, including some city facilities. Below is a current list of flooded/closed roads and an update on city facilities. City staff is also beginning a private property assessment for flood damage.
- City Hall – OPEN – parking lot partially flooded; use caution when entering the property
- City Hall Annex – OPEN
- Library – OPEN
- Community Center – CLOSED
- Creek Court – partial road blockage (sinkhole)
- Main St. at Planet Dr. – CLOSED – still pumping water
- Mars St. – flooded – pumping will begin this morning
- Sibert Ave. at the cemetery – CLOSED
Many properties in Destin are still holding water. Please use caution when driving and avoid flooded roadways.