The Adopt-A-Street Cleanup scheduled for Saturday, April 5, has been CANCELED because of weather.
The City of Destin’s quarterly Adopt-A-Street cleanup day is scheduled for Saturday, April 5. Participants will gather Saturday morning at city hall at 8 a.m. to receive supplies and instructions before proceeding to their adopted streets.
Currently, 18 individuals or organizations are participating in the program.
• Trotter's General Contractors, Inc. – Commons Dr. @ Indian Bayou Trail to Airport Rd.
• Emerald Bay Plumbing – Airport Rd. (entire road)
• Capt. Flipper Koch – Cross St.
• John & Sylvia Garnett – Indian Bayou Trail North
• Jim, Renee & Megan Wood – Main St. - Hwy. 98 to Airport Rd.
• Surge Suppression, Inc. – Mountain Dr. (entire road)
• Blue Marlin Realty Group – Gulf Shore Dr. to Norriego Rd.
• Destin Kiwanis – Calhoun Ave. - Hwy. 98 to Cross St.
• Go Southern – Scenic Hwy. 98 - Matthew Blvd. to Crystal Beach Dr.
• Steven & Vivian Menchel – Scenic Hwy. 98 - Dolphin St. to the county line
• Merlin's Pizza – Main St. - Kelly St to Indian Trail
• Destin Local Approved – Beach Dr. - Mountain Dr. to Kelly St.
• D’Luxe Limousines – Azalea Dr. - Benning Dr. to Stahlman Ave.
• Brenda & Olie Fosdyck – Scenic Hwy. 98 - Dolphin St. to Crystal Beach Dr.
• The Menu Mag – Stahlman Ave. - Hwy. 98 to Azalea Dr.
• Think Creative Group – Airport Rd. - Hwy. 98 to Commons Dr.
• Conquer Destin Magazine – Scenic Hwy. 98 - Hwy. 98 to Restaurant Row
• Laurie Freeman – Primrose Circle and Primrose Lane
The program asks for residents and businesses to give a three-year commitment to picking up trash along a street in Destin just four times per year. The quarterly cleanups are coordinated by city staff and participants will be given instructions and all the resources needed to get the job done efficiently and effectively. Cleanup dates: first Saturday in January, April, July and October from 8-10 a.m.
Signs are placed along each adopted street displaying the individual or business name that has adopted it. Participants can choose their streets (available on a first-come, first-served basis).
For more information, call Hedy at 837-6869 or visit www.cityofdestin.com.