City of Destin facilities will remain closed Thursday, Jan. 30, and reopen Friday, Jan. 31. Essential and on-call personnel will be available for emergencies and issues that may arise. County government offices and schools are closed Thursday, Jan. 30.
Destin garbage service is expected to start late on Thursday, Jan. 30, depending on road and bridge conditions, and service may continue on Friday.
Weather conditions are not expected to improve until sometime Thursday. Officials urge everyone not to drive on roadways or bridges and to monitor the Okaloosa County Public Safety Facebook page and www.cityofdestin.com for updates.
The following is an updated road and bridge closure list:
• Marler Bridge (Destin Bridge) has been closed by State DOT. We have no estimate for reopening at this time.
• Lewis Turner Highway (189) at Ranger Camp Road is closed in both directions
• All northbound lanes of Highway 85 north of Live Oak Church Road in Crestview are now closed
• Brooks Bridge is closed, no vehicles will be allowed to cross
• The intersection of PJ Adams and Hwy 85 is closed
• Antioch Road, I-10 overpass is closed
• Mid-Bay Bridge is closed
• Interstate 10 is closed
• WAVE is not running today (Wed.), and the schedule for WAVE fixed route tomorrow (Thursday, January 30) is unknown at this time, limited paratransit service will run Thurs.
• Northwest Florida Regional Airport will open on Thursday with minimal staff.