City of Destin Receptionist Angie Fears was recognized as the city's Employee of the 4th Quarter at the Oct. 21 city council meeting. Mayor Sam Seevers presented Fears with the award, along with a special recognition for her accomplishments from Congressman Jeff Miller.
Fears began her service to the city in August 2009 as the morning receptionist at city hall. Her responsibilities include assisting callers and visitors, making appointments, and coordinating or answering citizen inquiries. She greets visitors, determines the nature of business and directs callers or visitors to the appropriate destination. Additionally, she helps maintain informational brochures, rosters and maps.
Comments from her co-workers include:
• First and foremost is Angie’s outstanding customer service. She goes above and beyond to answer questions and effectively uses the appropriate resources when needed to research an answer.
• Angie takes fiscal responsibility for the beach passes that are issued knowing that they are a city expense.
• She quickly coordinates important information or issues she hears from a caller or visitor to other staff members.
• She volunteers her free time for many of our special city events.
• She is the best coworker I have had since I've been working here.