The City of Destin’s quarterly Adopt-A-Street cleanup day is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 5. Participants will gather Saturday morning at city hall at 8 a.m. to receive supplies and instructions before proceeding to their adopted streets.
Currently, ten individuals or organizations are participating in the program.
• Blue Marlin Realty Group – Gulf Shore Dr. to Norriego Rd.
• Capt. Flipper Koch – Cross St.
• Destin Kiwanis – Calhoun Ave. - Hwy. 98 to Cross St.
• Emerald Bay Plumbing – Airport Rd. (entire road)
• Go Southern – Hutchinson St.; Crystal Beach Dr.; Matthew Blvd.
• Jim, Renee & Megan Wood – Main St. - Hwy. 98 to Airport Rd.
• John & Sylvia Garnett – Indian Bayou Trail North
• Steven & Vivian Menchel – Scenic Hwy. 98 - Dolphin St. to the county line
• Surge Suppression, Inc. – Mountain Dr. (entire road)
• Trotter's General Contractors, Inc. – Commons Dr. @ Indian Bayou Trail to Airport Rd.
And, it’ not too late to sign up! The program asks for residents and businesses to give a three (3) year commitment to picking up trash along a street in Destin just four (4) times per year. The quarterly cleanups are coordinated by city staff and participants will be given instructions and all the resources needed to get the job done efficiently and effectively. Cleanup dates: first Saturday in January, April, July and October from 8-10 a.m.
Signs are placed along each adopted street displaying the individual or business name that has adopted it. Participants can choose their streets (available on a first-come, first-served basis).
For more information, call Hedy at 837-6869 or visit www.cityofdestin.com.