This page is dedicated to updating the public on city projects. If you have an issue, comment or question regarding a city project, please visit our Help Desk to submit your inquiry. Using the Help Desk gives staff the ability to coordinate with the public to resolve issues and answer questions. We value your opinion and encourage you to share it with us!
View the current list of private development projects and development orders in the city here Version OptionsProjectsHeadline.
Below is a list of projects taking place in the city.
Parks & Recreation
- Captain Royal Melvin Heritage Park - Active
- Clement Taylor Park Renovations - RESTORE Act Grant Funds Pending
- Joe's Bayou Recreation Area - Design Phase
- Gateway to Crystal Beach - Groundbreaking April 12th, 2021
Streets and Sidewalks
- Calhoun and Zerbe Pedestrian Pathway - Design Phase I Under Construction
- Captain Leonard Destin Park - Complete
- Highway 98 Widening (Airport Rd. to Walton County Line) - Active
- Norriego Point Park - Active
- US 98 Resurface - Active
Destin Water Users Projects
- Commons Drive (Airport Rd. to Indian Bayou Trail) - Active