Councilman James Foreman
Jim Foreman was born in Vicksburg, Miss., in 1937 to Mora and Grace Foreman. His father was assigned to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at the Waterways Experiment Station in Vicksburg. Foreman graduated from Morristown High School, N.J., in 1955. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in History from Rutgers University in 1959 and a Master of Business Administration from Central Michigan University in 1976.
He has lived in Destin since 1984 and is married to Marguerite Davis Foreman, originally from Selma, Ala. They have combined children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. The Foreman’s enjoy travel, gardening and sports.
Foreman was appointed to the Destin City Council in August 2012 for an interim term and won the permanent council seat in the November general election. He served two previous terms on the city council, 1996-2000 and 2002-2006, and has served on a number of city committees.
Council Appointments to Local & Regional Committees
- Florida League of Cities:
- Growth Management & Economic Affairs Committee
- Okaloosa County Economic Development Council Policy Board – Primary Appointee
- Okaloosa County Public Transit Cooperative - Primary Appointee
- Okaloosa County Tourist Development Council - Primary Appointee
- Okaloosa-Walton Transportation Planning Organization - Primary Appointee
- Northwest Florida Military Sustainability Partnership - Primary Appointee
- Walton/Okaloosa/Santa Rosa Regional Utility Authority - Primary Appointee/Chairman
- West Florida Regional Planning Council - Primary Appointee
Foreman was commissioned in Field Artillery with the U.S. Army in 1960 and served on active duty until 1980, retiring as a Lt. Colonel. His last military assignment was with the Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, FORSCOM, at Fort McPherson, Ga.
He also worked for Rollins Corporation in Atlanta, Ga., from 1980 to 1984.
- Bachelor of Science degree from Rutgers University 1959
- Master of Business Administration from Central Michigan University 1976
- Served on numerous city committees
- Past appointment to the Northwest Florida Water District
- Former chairman of the Destin Community Redevelopment Agency
- Currently on the Board of Directors of Destin Water Users, Inc. (elected March 2012)